Keep track of my many misadventures during the restoration process of a 1966 Volvo P1800 S that was delivered in Sweden and shipped to California.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Late '66 One Owner P1800 S with Swedish Gauges



Having had a 1966 Volvo 122 for years, the rust has taken its toll and to put any more money into the restoration of that car would be fruitless. So we decided to find a P1800 to restore.

While attending a Volvo show in Phoenix I had received a lead on a 1966 Volvo P1800 that had low kilometers, no rust and an interesting history with documents to back it up. I made a call a week after the show and after I received some pictures of the car. I agreed with the seller on a price and I had the car transported from Southern California to Phoenix.

Here are some images of the car in its' current original state and after a date with some Awesome brand cleaner and a power washer. Let me tell you that stuff works great and you can get it for a dollar at the Dollar Tree store. I am also a big believer of Goop, more on that later.


1966 P1800

No comments: